Getting a US number in Nigeria isn’t rocket science, and it isn’t word-on-the-street information either. Changing your phone number to a US number might sound suspicious but on the white side, it has its advantages and disadvantages.
There are so many reasons as to why someone may need a free US Number in Nigeria. You might want to verify your identity on various websites that only accept US phone numbers and do not accept Nigerian phone numbers.
One advantage of this is that changing your phone number can protect you from giving out your real phone number and it can save your loved ones who are US residents extra on international call charges.
The best part about this is that the US phone number is linked to your traditional phone number and you can give out either of the two numbers. When the US number is called, your main MTN, Airtel, Glo or 9Mobile number rings out.
There are also other reasons many people out there may have for wanting a free US number in Nigeria. Whichever might be the case, we’ve got you covered with this guide on how to do just that.
Now, there are so many ways to get a free US number in Nigeria through paid means but the one we have here is absolutely free, thanks to a Google play store and Apple app store app that can be downloaded on basically any Android or iOS device.
Having a US phone number lets people call you from the United States on your local number at the same rate and those who want to apply for Amazon affiliates in Nigeria need a US phone number to complete the verification. Without further ado, let’s get right down to it.
Steps to getting a free US number in Nigeria
Getting a free US Number in Nigeria is quite easy and also straightforward but first, you need to make sure you have an Android, iPhone or iPad device which has an internet connection. Here are the steps to getting free US number in Nigeria.
- This requires using an app called textPlus. Download on Google Play if you use an Android and iOS store for iPhone.
- In case you run into the issue of not being able to download the app from the Google Play store or Apple App store then you can use a VPN app to Change your location and Download the app.
- Once you have the app on your device, Launch it and register using your email address. You’ll also be required to enter a US state along with its area code when asked so as to complete the registration process.
- You can google the area code of any state you want to use if you don’t already know the area code for the state.
- After providing the necessary information on the app and completing the registration process, a free US Number will be generated for you which you can use to call others or have others call you using that phone number.
The app functions like WhatsApp so it runs in the background and when you get a call to that free US phone number that was generated for you, it comes up on screen and you pick. You can also open the app, type in a number and make calls also.
Note: Once you’ve got the free US Phone Number, make sure not to uninstall the app from your phone as doing that will stop you from being able to make and receive calls with the generated US phone number. Also, endeavour to use the US phone number to make or receive calls so the number won’t get taken back from you.
Alternatively, you can pay a little token to retain the phone number even when you don’t use it. That’s how to get US number in Nigeria for free.
There are also other apps that offer paid US phone number on a weekly, monthly or annual basis. One of which is the Telos App which you can download for Android or iOS . Also, you don’t need a VPN for this app to work in Nigeria, however, you’ll have to pay for how long you want the US phone number.